Farmer's Market season is in full swing! As we get further into the summer, there will be more variety available.
This week, our featured Farmer's Market produce is green beans! If you've never had green beans before or you aren't sure how to prepare them, no worries! I've found a delicious recipe with only 30 minutes of cook and prep time.
Lemon Garlic Chicken and Green Bean Skillet
Makes 2-3 servings
- 3-6 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 pound green beans
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1-2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- Crushed red chili pepper flakes, optional
- 1-2 cups chopped parsley
- Combine onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper in small bowl. Season chicken with the spice mixture. Set aside and prepare green beans.
- Assemble green beans in a microwave-safe dish with 1-2 cups water. Cook for 8-10 minutes until almost done but still crisp.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Lay seasoned chicken in skillet. Cook for 5-6 minutes then flip and cook for another 5-6 minutes, until cooked through.
- In the same skillet, lower the heat and melt 1 tablespoon of butter. Add chopped parsley, garlic, red crushed chili pepper flakes, and pre-cooked green beans and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring regularly, until cooked to your liking. Add lemon juice and chicken stock and reduce the sauce for a couple minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Add chicken thigs back to the pan and reheat quickly. Adjust seasoning with pepper and serve skillet immediately. Enjoy!
What are some other ways you can incorporate fresh green beans into your weekly meal plan?
For more details, this recipe can be found here