As we have heard before, yoga can have many health benefits not only physically, but also mentally. Yoga focuses on controlled breathing techniques, meditation, and assuming poses that stretch and flex various muscle groups allowing for mental clarity and decreased chronic pain.
Other benefits of yoga include:
- Increased flexibility, muscle strength, and tone
- Improved respiration, energy, and vitality
- Maintaining a balanced metabolism and weight reduction
- Improved cardio and circulatory health
- Better athletic performance and protection from injury
- Stress relief and calmness
- Improved self-awareness
When trying to expand my exercise routine, I thought “Hey, there must be a yoga app out there somewhere!” Upon my research, I found the app Simply Yoga. This app allows users to choose a 20, 40, or 60 minute session with the ability to pause or fast forward a session if need be. Users are also able to purchase further sessions if they would like a little more variety with poses. If you are looking for an easy way to incorporate more yoga into your fitness routine, then this app is for you!