Lasagna is always a big hit in our house. To change things up a bit, I decided to give this lasagna stuffed zucchini recipe a try!
Photo and recipe from delish.com
What you’ll need:
- 4 large zucchini, halved lengthwise and deseeded
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- ½ lb. ground beef or turkey
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup cottage cheese (this is my healthier twist on ricotta!)
- 1 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella
- Fresh parsley for garnish
Putting it together:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spread a thin layer of olive oil on the zucchini (inside and outside) and place in the oven for 5-7 minutes.
- Cook the ground beef/turkey in a skillet on medium-high heat. Once meat is cooked through, add in onions, mushrooms, and marinara sauce.
- Remove zucchini from the oven and fill with all the fixings - cottage cheese, marinara sauce mixture, and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake about 15 minutes until the zucchini is tender (can stick a fork into it) and the cheese is golden brown. Garnish with parsley and enjoy!