Group Health Cooperative of Eau Claire is using CAQH ProView®, the electronic solution and industry standard trusted by more than 1.6 million healthcare providers for capturing and sharing self-reported professional and practice information. Group Health Cooperative of Eau Claire will use CAQH as the platform for credentialing and recredentialing. CAQH ProView is fully electronic and was developed to save you and your staff the time it takes to complete the lengthy paper credentialing forms needed for each healthcare organization with which you are affiliated.
CAQH ProView not only streamlines the credentialing process, it can also help improve provider directories, speed claims adjudication and simplify other business processes. Once your data has been entered, the solution enables you to easily update and attest to your information at any time. It is offered to you at no charge.
With CAQH ProView, providers and practice managers can:
- Self-report and electronically store professional information in one user-friendly online tool, and easily update it as needed.
- Directly upload credentialing documents to improve the accuracy and timeliness of applications.
- Retain provider lists and information about multiple provider locations.
- Maintain control of professional information with security features and authorize specified organizations to receive it.
- Reduce administrative burden and eliminate time-consuming paper submissions.
- Leverage the CAQH ProView profile to streamline directory maintenance and other processes that require practice and professional information.
Already Registered with CAQH ProView?
If you have already created your CAQH ProView account and are using the solution, please follow these tips to help ensure that your current information is accurate:
- Login to CAQH ProView to update and re-attest to your CAQH profile every 120 days.
- Replace expired documents with new ones.
- Leave no gaps in your work history for the most recent five years, or list the reasons for any gaps as appropriate, e.g., leaves of absence, maternity leaves, illness, etc.
- Ensure that a current copy of your liability insurance is attached to your CAQH profile.
- If you only authorize specific organizations access to your profile, please add Group Health Cooperative of Eau Claire.
First-time users should self register through the CAQH ProView Provider Portal
allow approximately two hours to complete your profile, or you can finish the process over several sessions. The menu prompts in CAQH ProView will guide you through each step. You control which organizations may receive your profile information – either by authorizing all of them or specific ones, including Group Health Cooperative of Eau Claire.
A variety of resources to help providers and their practice managers use CAQH ProView are available at www.caqh.org/solutions/caqh-proview
and include short how-to videos and a Quick Reference Guide.
New CAQH ProView Enhancements Streamline Credentialing
CAQH is continuously working to improve ProView and make the credentialing process easier for providers. Here are new features based in part on feedback from participating providers:
- Profile Data Dashboard: A new provider homepage summarizes profile completeness and areas needing attention, so providers know at-a-glance what is required to finish their profile. For example, the Profile Data and Documents sections expand by default if there are items requiring providers’ attention.
- Enhanced Navigation: New completion indicators, helpful prompts, shortcuts, and contextual tooltips help providers move efficiently through the application.
- Improved Error Handling: Providers can now see all necessary fixes on the page and no longer need to switch between the sections and the Correct Errors page.
- Simplified Application: Education and Professional Training profile sections have been consolidated for a more streamlined user experience.
Interested in an easier way to complete your credentialing application? Try the new CAQH ProView by visiting our provider portal
CAQH ProView FAQs
The following Frequently Asked Questions provide basic information about CAQH ProView and how to access resources. These can be added to your provider communication materials.
Who is CAQH?
CAQH, a non-profit alliance, is the leader in creating shared initiatives to streamline the business of healthcare. Through collaboration and innovation, CAQH accelerates the transformation of business processes, delivering value to providers, patients and health plans.
What is CAQH ProView?
CAQH ProView streamlines provider data collection by using a standard electronic form that meets the needs of nearly every health plan, hospital and other healthcare organization. CAQH ProView enables physicians and other healthcare professionals in all 50 states and the District of Columbia to enter information free-of-charge into a secure central database and authorize healthcare organizations to access that information. CAQH ProView eliminates redundant paperwork and reduces administrative burden.
Does it cost anything to use CAQH ProView?
No. Healthcare providers may enter and maintain their information in CAQH ProView free of charge.
How will Group Health Cooperative of Eau Claire use my information?
Group Health Cooperative of Eau Claire uses the provider and practice information that you enter into CAQH ProView for credentialing and other business needs.
How do providers access CAQH ProView?
Providers can register online at https://proview.caqh.org/pr, or will receive registration instructions once a healthcare organization notifies CAQH that the provider needs to access the database.
Do providers need to complete their entire profile?
Yes. Providers must complete all profile questions; however, the system is designed to allow you to complete your profile over time. The CAQH ProView profile will present questions that are relevant to a specialty, provider type and practice location(s). You can save each page, stop at any time, and return later to finish the process. The entire profile must be completed prior to your verification of its accuracy, and before the organizations you have authorized can access it.
Who can I contact for help or if I have any questions about CAQH ProView?
Contact the Help Desk by using the Chat function when you are logged in to CAQH ProView. Or call: 888-599-1771.
Help Desk hours are: Monday – Thursday: 7 AM – 9 PM (ET) and Friday: 7 AM – 7 PM (ET).
What resources are available to help providers learn how to use CAQH ProView?
CAQH offers a variety of tools [http://www.caqh.org/solutions/caqh-proview-providers-and-practice-managers] to help providers, including:
- Quick Reference Guides
List of Participating Organizations
Helpful Links to Share with Providers and Practice Managers