This week on our fall meal prep series, we have a simple, seasonal side dish: roasted fall vegetables.
These veggies are a great compliment to last week’s pumpkin chili and super easy to make! Pick some of your favorite veggies, or try something new, and let’s get to roasting!
- 1 pound peeled carrots cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 pound peeled parsnips cut into 1 inch wide by 2 inch pieces
- 1 ½ pounds multicolor baby potatoes, washed and dried, cut in half
- 5 shallots, outer skin removed, cut lengthwise
- 1 head of garlic, skin removed and cloves separated
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place all the vegetables (washed and cut) in a large mixing bowl, add the oil, salt, pepper, rosemary and mix them up well.
- Arrange the mixture in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 30-40 minutes, or until all vegetables are tender and lightly browned.
- Serve warm. Enjoy!