This vegetable frittata from Desi-liscious
cooks up in no time and will be a huge hit with the entire family. If you are looking for a quick and easy meal to prep for lunches, this would work great for that as well!
- 10 asparagus washed, ends trimmed, sliced in small pieces
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 15 cherry tomatoes, washed and sliced in half lengthwise
- 6 medium eggs, organic
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek powder (can replace with mustard)
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, washed and finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Prepare your vegetables. Wash, trim and slice the asparagus, tomatoes and onions. Set aside.
- Crack the eggs into a medium bowl and add all the spices and salt. Whisk well.
- Heat the oil in a medium cast iron or non-stick pan. Add the chopped onion and asparagus and sauté for a few minutes on medium/high heat.
- Add the egg mixture to the pan and gently arrange the asparagus to spread evenly.
- Top with sliced tomatoes, ensuring they do not submerge completely into the egg mixture. Cook for 5 minutes on low heat until the eggs begin to set.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until cooked through. Serve whilst hot.