Who doesn't love everything chicken, bacon, ranch? I know I do! With this recipe, you can get your chicken, bacon, ranch fix while also adding in some extra veggies. Give this recipe a try if you're a stuffed pepper fan!
- 3 green peppers, cut in half and deseeded
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 Hidden Valley Ranch dry seasoning packet
- 1-2 cups of cauliflower rice (can be found in the frozen veggie section)
- 3 tbsp. bacon bits
- 6 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Cook chicken as intended and shred. One trick that I mentioned in another stuffed pepper blog
that helps speed up my dinner prep time is making the chicken in the crock pot. Place chicken and ranch dry seasoning packet in the crock pot cooking on high for 2-4 hours. This way it is ready to go when I get home! Or, you can cook the chicken in a large skillet over medium heat. Shred chicken once it's cooked and seasoned.
Place bell peppers cut-side up on a large baking sheet and drizzle them with olive oil. Begin filling the peppers with all the ingredients--cauliflower rice, shredded cheese, bacon bits, and chicken.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until all ingredients are heated through and you can poke a fork into the green pepper.