Knock-Knock! Who’s there? Warren. Warren who? Warren anything green for St. Patrick’s Day?
What type of bow can’t a leprechaun tie? A rainbow.
Speaking of rainbows, I have a rainbow themed recipe that you are sure to love! It could even double as a pot of gold as well, it’s that good! This Rainbow Salsa recipe is one that I often make for get-togethers and then keep for leftovers for the rest of the week. It’s great for being scooped by tortilla chips, but I also really like adding it to a salad or over a grilled chicken breast.
- 3 Roma Tomatoes, cored and diced
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers, stems removed, seeded and diced (add more or less for your spiciness preference)
- 1 Large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 15oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped, loosely-packed
- 2/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 Tablespoons freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine tomatoes, jalapeno, bell peppers, black beans, corn, cilantro, and red onion in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the lime juice, garlic powder, cumin and salt until combined. Add the juice to the bowl of salsa. Toss everything until combined.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 48 hours.
Knock-Knock! Who’s there? Irish. Irish Who? Irish you a happy St. Patrick’s Day!