We all hear it all the time, “I don’t have time to eat breakfast” or “I am not hungry right away in the morning for breakfast”. Breakfast may seem inconvenient and time consuming, but it does not have to be. It is the most important meal of the day and it sets the tone for how you will feel all day! Below I have compiled a few of my go-to breakfasts when I am in a rush or not quite hungry as I am walking out the door, but know I will still need to eat something right away.
Using 100% whole wheat toast, slice or mash an avocado and place or spread it over the toast. You can add flavor by adding hot sauce, pepper, and/or light salt.
It’s best to make these in a jar that seals, like Tupperware or a Mason Jar so you can take them with you in the morning!
- Fill jar with one serving of oats (approx. ½ Cup).
- Next, add liquid of your choice (milk, soy milk, coconut milk, almond milk, rice milk, oat milk, orange juice whatever you like).
- Add toppings. Some ideas include: almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, cashew nuts, flax seeds, chia seeds, raisins, all kinds of berries, fruits like banana, cherries, apples or pears, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, nut butters, coconut flakes, Greek yogurt, plain yogurt whatever your enjoy! If you like them crunchy, add them in the morning.
- Finally, add in any spices you like. Cinnamon, vanilla, cocoa powder, nutmeg. Whatever you enjoy!
- Put the lid on and refrigerate overnight. When ready to eat, stir it up and enjoy!
Peanut butter, Banana and FlaxSeed Breakfast Smoothie
- ½ cup lowfat milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup lowfat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- Sprinkling of flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ or whole banana
Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
You can add whatever you like to this. Spinach, kale, frozen berries, chia seeds, pure maple syrup, protein powder, the list goes on and on!