In the third installment of our winter meal-prep series, we’re focusing on the most important meal of the day—breakfast.
These grab-n-go breakfast sandwiches are a great way to start your day, they’re super easy to prepare and they reheat in less than two minutes.
Check out the video, and let's get crackin'!
Make-Ahead Breakfast Sandwiches
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 cups spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 ½ cups egg whites
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 6 sandwich thins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small pan, heat olive oil over medium-low heat. Add onion and bell pepper and sauté for 3-5 minutes, until translucent and tender. Add spinach and stir until wilted. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together egg whites and almond milk until egg whites are fully beaten and incorporated. Season with salt and pepper. Add vegetables to the egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Spray a 9×13-inch rimmed baking pan with cooking spray. Pour egg and vegetable mixture into the pan. Bake at 375 degrees F until eggs are fully cooked and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove eggs from oven and let sit to cool to room temperature.
- Place sandwich thins on a baking sheet and place in the oven until edges are toasted, about 4-6 minutes.
- Using a large drinking glass, cut eggs into rounds to fit sandwich thins. Use leftover scraps to pile onto sandwiches or make extras.
- Assemble sandwiches by placing an egg round onto an sandwich thin, topping it with a slice of cheese, and covering it with the other half of the sandwich thin.
- Wrap each sandwich tightly with foil. Use a permanent marker to write down the date on top of the foil. Store wrapped sandwiches in a Ziploc bag or container in the freezer.
- To reheat sandwiches, place on a paper towel-lined plate (to help absorb the ice melting) and heat in microwave until egg is fully heated and cheese is melted, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Sandwiches can last in the freezer for up to one month