My husband and I are very different when it comes to what we need and want for breakfast. He prefers something heavier and I prefer something lighter.
Since we are both busy and on the go I have been working on finding an easy to prep option that is homemade and healthy for both of us. I think I may have found a solution to this with my easy sheet pan eggs!
Easy Sheet Pan Eggs
- 10 eggs
- Dash of Salt and Pepper
- 4 cups spinach
- 1/2 cup milk
- Vegetables for eggs (I like diced onion and mushroom!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Stir in vegetables.
- Line a 13x9 pan with parchment paper and pour egg mixture in pan. Place in oven for 20 minutes or until eggs are cooked through.
- Once the eggs have cooled, use a pint glass to cut out circular shapes. Save the remainder.
- Wrap the circular cutouts in paper towel and store in fridge. Break apart the remainder of the eggs into bite-sized pieces and portion into 5 small containers.
For a heavier breakfast:
Each morning, pull out one circular cut out of egg, one English muffin and whatever toppings you like. My husband has just been using a slice of cheese. Microwave breakfast sandwich for 1 minute and you're ready to go!
For a lighter breakfast:
At the same time as the eggs are cooking, I usually throw a whole bunch of veggies in the oven to roast as well. I prefer mushrooms, onions, grape tomatoes and spinach. I get a double dose of veggies in the eggs and in the veggies I roast. I then portion all the bit sized pieces of eggs and roasted veggies between five containers for the week. Sometimes I add some avocado in the morning if I have it on hand.
Having the cooked eggs on hand works so well, neither of us spend more than 1 miute getting our breakfast ready in the morning. It's been so helpful on those busy days!