Earth Day is right around the corner on April 22nd. The Earth Day Network describes Earth Day as the “birth of the modern environmental movement,” and it's meant to raise awareness to keeping our environment safe and clean for all living organisms!
Why Raise Awareness?
- Every year around one trillion gallons of untreated sewage and industrial waste is dumped in the U.S water.
- Americans buy more than 29 million bottles of water every year. Only 13% of these bottles are recycled every year.
- Chronic obstructive respiratory disease (COPD) that develops due to indoor air pollution is responsible for the death of more than 1 million people every year.
- A glass that is produced from recycled glass instead of raw materials can reduce related air pollution by 20% and water pollution by 50%.
How can you be a part of the Earth Day?
- Go to a festival
- Plant a tree
- Organize an event in your community
- Change a habit, like walking or biking to work instead of driving!
- Help launch a community garden
Remember it only takes a small effort from you to make a huge impact on our environment!