It's that time of yer again--the farmer's market has opened here in Eau Claire! Early in the spring, there are fewer selections of ripe fruits and vegetables as compared to the mid-to-late summer months. Asparagus is one of the vegetables that is currently in season and I must admit that lately I have been obsessed with it!
I have also been testing out more sheet pan recipes since they are quick and easy to make and require less clean-up than making all items in separate dishes. Here is an easy sheet pan recipe for you to try at home!
Sheet Pan Pesto Chicken, Sweet Potato and Asparagus
1 lb chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp pesto
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil to coat the sweet potatoes and asparagus
Putting it Together
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Prep your vegetables first. Peel and dice the sweet potatoes. Place in a bowl with 1-1 1/2 tbsp of olive oil. Season if you wish, and place them on the sheet pan.
- Next, take the asparagus and cut 1 inch off the bottom of the spears. Place in a bowl with 1-1 1/2 tbsp of olive oil and a seasoning of your choice. My go-to has been Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb seasoning. Place asparagus on the sheet pan.
- Spread the pesto on the chicken breasts and place them on the sheet pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Do you have any yummy asparagus recipes? Share them in the comments below!