Not only are the seasons changing, but so are some of my favorite things! Here are a few things that I look forward to during the next few months.
I have always had a thing for scented candles, especially during Fall! The light glow of a candle has always been something that helps calm me when I am stressed. One of my favorite candles that I have is an apple pumpkin scent. Who wouldn’t want to curl up on the couch with a cup of apple cider
(sugar free) and watch a movie with a candle burning?!
Brisk Walks in Brisk Weather
I love walking when it’s not so hot outside that you feel like you’re melting! Fall weather is the perfect time to take a brisk walk or hike in the brisk weather. Lightly bundle up and get outside for a walk!
Seasonal Vegetables -- Squash
Squash is one of my favorite produce items for Fall. Check out this easy recipe for acorn squash; I'm sure it will be a hit in your household!
- 1 acorn squash
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup of water
- Walnut pieces (optional)
- Cut squash in half and discard the seeds.
- Add 1/2 - 3/4 cup water to a 9x13 inch baking dish. Put squash cut side down into the water. (This is the secret step that keeps the squash from drying out while cooking!)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. If adding walnut pieces, turn squash over at 45 minutes, add walnuts to squash, and allow pieces to bake for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of brown sugar on each half. Enjoy!