Happy Easter! One item that I typically offer to bring to our family gatherings is deviled eggs. They are easy to make and are a nice addition to the appetizers at a party. I used to always make my deviled eggs the same way, but this year I wanted to try something different to help make this dish a little healthier. I had heard about avocado deviled eggs before, but was unsure of how they would turn out...but they turned out to be delicious!
Here is what you will need:
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 2 tablespoons mashed avocado
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dill weed to taste
- Paprika for garnish
Putting it all together:
- Slice hard boiled eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks from whites and set in a bowl.
- Add avocado, mustard, lemon juice, salt, pepper and dill weed.
- Mix together until creamy.
- Spoon or pipe filling into empty whites. Garnish with paprika.
And voilà! Now you have a tasty and healthier version of this classic appetizer. Enjoy!