On our next burger creation adventure, my husband and I decided we would try to recreate our favorite burger from Red Robin
, The Banzai Burger
We had the goal of making the burger a bit healthier but still wanted to keep the great taste and flavors. We both loved what we created and will definitely be making them again.
To add a few sides, make some sweet potato fries and a salad to make a whole meal. Check out the recipe below!
Hawaiian Teriyaki Burger
- 90% or more lean ground beef
- Swiss cheese thin slices
- Teriyaki sauce - low sodium
- Light mayo
- Red onion
- Pineapple - canned or fresh, just needs to be sliced into rings
- Whole wheat hamburger buns or lettuce wraps
- Make the lean ground beef into patties and mix teriyaki sauce into the ground beef for flavor. Add about 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce per pound of ground beef.
- Chop, slice, and prepare the red onion and pineapple if you are using a fresh one.
- Prepare the sauce by mixing 2 tbsp of mayo with 1/4 tbsp of teriyaki sauce.
- Once the burgers are cooked, melt the swiss cheese on top.
- Then, place the burger onto the bun or lettuce wrap and add teriyaki mayo, pineapple, and red onion.