I am notorious for getting into the same routine with food - I think some of you can relate! I typically wouldn’t bat an eye if I ate the same thing for lunch for a month. However, for whatever reason I needed a change. I started experimenting in my kitchen. Let’s be real, not every new thing I try has the greatest outcome. There was something good that came from this round of experimentation though! Plus, it’s easy, just the way I like it! Basically, you throw a whole bunch of veggies onto a sheet pan, toss some seasoning over the top of it, bake it in the oven for about 30 minutes, and there you have it. The recipe for the seasoning came from a source called Oh She Glows. Seriously, it’s so good.
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Large Zucchini (cut into ½ inch chunks)
- 1 Large Sweet Potato (cut into ½ inch chunks)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (Sliced)
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper (Sliced)
- 1 Small Red Onion (Sliced)
- 1 cup of Broccoli Florets
- 1 15oz can of Garbanzo Beans
- 2 Tablespoons of 10-Spice Mix
- 2 Tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 ½ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons fine grain sea salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Then prepare veggies and mix together the 10-spice mix. Store the rest of the 10-spice mix in an air tight container and save for later.
- Toss the veggies in olive oil and then sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the 10-spice mix over the veggies.
- Add the seasoned veggies to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Bake for 15 minutes, stir, and then bake for another 15 minutes or until the veggies are at a desired consistency.